Thursday 3 December 2009

Story writing

I find that most games that progress through levels in a game often need a strong storyline in order to grasp the gamers attention and to stop them putting down the controller through boredom. The main reason I buy games is for the story, of course i enjoy the graphics and the game play but for me the best part about playing a game is the way i can step into someone else’s shoes through a story.
I definitely feel that a storyline makes for a better game, as i find that the story is the reason the player wants to progress, to find out what happens in the end. I find that the human race a species love stories, we grow up with them, it’s a good story that can bring out emotions in us and keep us hooked.
However, it is true how some games have no stories, but it usually these games that require interaction with other people, in games such as second life. However, are the actions on second life creating the players own story?
I feel that as a player of a game the story does happen to you but the way the game and story plays out makes you feel like you’re making the story happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment